400g Rice Noodle
1 big onion, minced
4 cloves of garlic, minced
200g minced pork or chicken
150g shrimp, uncooked
1 1/12 pint of chicken or pork broth
3 tbs vegetable oil or rapeseed oil
1 tbsp flour
2 tbsp fish sauce
Atchuete or food colouring (optional)
3 hard boiled eggs, sliced
1 packet of chicharon or pork crackling, crashed
boiled shrimp, shelled
Flaked smoked fish meat
In a pan boil some water for the noodle and add some salt. Once the water is boiling add the noodles for 5-7 minutes. Please instruction from the packet.
1. In a separate pan saute the onion and garlic with the vegetable oil until soften, add the minced meat preferred and some shrimps leaving a few for the topping, stir fry until cooked
2. Add the chicken or pork broth and bring it to boil
3. Once boiled season it with salt and pepper and add the fish sauce, leave it to simmer for 15 minutes.
4. Use the achuete for food colouring to achieve the reddish orange colour or simply add food colouring.
5. Add the flour and stir continuously until the flour dissolves. The sauce should have a gravy consistency.
Duration 45-50 minutes